- It showcases achievements and major skills from the top.
- It clearly states your strong suits.
- Employers do not need to read through boring job details.
- States (through a summary) all you will bring to the table.
- Only briefly mentions company names and positions held.
This type of resume is ideal if:
- You wish to change careers, or for those who job-jump, for homemakers returning to workplace, for students and the military.
- You wish to make only a minor change in job direction.
- Also highly recommended by resume writing professionals.
- Used as an effective help in achieving a new direction or goal.
This type of resume is not ideal when:
- Read by a more conservative employer looking for more information on each of your previous jobs.
Take me to the next step with: A Functional Resume Example